[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Sep 15 07:24:03 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 07:04:25AM +0200, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> Am 15.09.2013 01:35, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
> >On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 17:38:52 +0200

> >>oh god X11 was too brutally slow to use on an older computer
> >>anyway. Windows 95 was actually fast.
>

> An interesting anecdote.
>
> At the begining of my UNIX days, it was a pleasure to use the usual set
> of APIs, which tend to be less convoluted than on Windows.
>
> Then I started looking into X11 programming with Xlib and Motif, and
> could not believe that they managed to make it even more complex
> than any other desktop graphics programming API!
[...]

Once, in college, I had the totally hare-brained idea of *printing* out
the Xlib documentation. Through the department's printer service. It
came out as a stack of paper 6 *inches* thick (you do the math as to how
many pages that is), which I still have today for posterity. :-P

If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces. -- Software disclaimer notice