[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Sep 15 07:28:47 PDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 11:06:37AM +0100, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On Sep 15, 2013 12:50 AM, "Nick Sabalausky" <
> SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
[...]
> > That's pretty nice. I'm still not *quite* linux-savvy enough to know
> > what I'm doing with chroots (I know about them, but I've never
> > actually set one up, and I'd have to look up how to do it.)
> >

> It doesn't require much to set one up really.  :)
>
> I've got a few scripts that builds chroots for Debian testing and unstable
> for x86, x86_64, X32, and ARM environments (the latter uses QEMU emulation
> mode to run the binaries on my system).
[...]

Debian even has a package (debootstrap) for installing a functional base
system onto a filesystem subtree (it's actually used by the installer to
initialize a mounted drive that will be serving as root filesystem). It
can't get any more convenient than that! :) (Though granted, a full base
system install is probably total overkill if all you're looking for is a
chroot jail for a single application.)

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.