[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 15 10:50:31 PDT 2013

On 15 September 2013 16:54, Paulo Pinto <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote:
> Am 15.09.2013 12:09, schrieb Iain Buclaw:
>>

>> On Sep 15, 2013 12:55 AM, "Nick Sabalausky"
>> <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
>>
>> <mailto:SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com>> wrote:
>>  >
>>  > On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 11:31:44 +0100
>>  > Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com <mailto:ibuclaw at ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>>  > >
>>  > > Some manufacturers even actively work against Linux at the hardware
>>  > > level.
>>  > >
>>  > >

>> http://linuxologist.com/02hardware/even-more-incriminating-evidence-in-the-foxconn-debacle/
>>  > >
>>  >
>>  > Yea. I don't know this will just turn out to just be more
>> Palladium-like
>>  > anti-MS FUD, but UEFI really worries me. To the point where I'd be very
>>  > hesitant to buy any computer with Win8 pre-installed. (Not that I'd
>>  > want to pay the MS tax anyway for an OS I'd immediately wipe off of the
>>  > HDD.)
>>  >

>> I've actually taken a rash decision and won't buy another x86/x86_64
>> device again (going full ARM in the next years once my current kit
>> reaches it's end of life).
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> Iain Buclaw
>>
>> *(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';
>>

> Using a Raspberry Pi as desktop?

Nah, not nearly powerful enough for my daily usage.

Got a sheevaplug that I use as a NFS server/Wireless AP.  A Trimslice
that is a useable desktop - but haven't pick it up much as I don't
have a monitor kicking around to connect to it.

Later next month am getting a Parallella board that should replace my
development laptop. :-)

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';