Improved Phobos dox

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun Sep 15 10:56:43 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 15 September 2013 at 17:47:06 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Not sure what that's based on, but at least for me that only
> works up to a few words. For large modules that's hopeless.
> Just look at:
>
> http://dlang.org/phobos/std_datetime.html
>
> Can you really pick up the desired term? I think
> http://erdani.com/d/phobos/std_datetime.html is a real
> improvement over that (it also reduces the size of the list to
> the top-level ones, which helps).

I believe that example is invalid. std.datetime is too big, as
abundantly discussed previously. The module's documentation web
page is over 130000 pixels long (for me)!

For the example you presented (std.array), my opinion is as
aforementioned.

>> http://vibed.org/temp/phobos/std/array.html
>
> That would be a larger, future step. Walter noted some issues.
> Also things are a bit messed up right now - appender.html is
> missing, and the others don't expand D_RUN_CODE ARGS.

I believe this is an old proof-of-concept. Wasn't there a more
recent and polished version in a pull request?