Top Github Languages for 2013 (so far)

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Sun Sep 15 11:28:23 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 14 September 2013 at 12:19:18 UTC, ilya-stromberg
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4 September 2013 at 07:04:01 UTC, Elvis wrote:
>> I'm new to D, from what I read in Reddit these days, it's
>> really really bad that D's supporter always claim that D
>> support Manual Memory Management and GC can be disabled ,
>> despite the truth that druntime/phobos are parts of D to an
>> end user!
>> I dislike GC but I dislike misleading much more!
>
> It's really possible.
>
> You can use malloc/free for manual memory management. For
> example, Vibe.d use it, and it's really fast.

Wrong.
Vibe.d uses partial manual memory management but can't get rid of
GC completely (and it hurts in certain situations hard)

> You can disable automatic GC run and run GC manually:
> http://dlang.org/phobos/core_memory.html
>
> Also, you can remove GC at all:
> https://bitbucket.org/timosi/minlibd/overview

It is the very same misadvertising. No one cares about what you
can. D has inline assembly, you can possibly do anything. What
does matter and what people expect is doing something
conveniently. And D is not there right now.

Again, it can become much better with relatively few tweaks to
the compiler. But it is not _right now_ and that is the only
thing that does matter.