Improved Phobos dox

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Sep 15 13:11:30 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-15 20:25, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 September 2013 at 18:02:10 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Vladimir, do you think you could easily implement such an incremental
>> search box (with autocompletion)?
>
> Sorry, that idea does not appeal to me either. Web browsers already have
> the function of searching within a page. An in-page search box is not a
> common UI element, users would need to learn to use it, and that's bad
> UX - we should stick to existing UI conventions to avoid forcing the
> users to think to get to their dox.

The Ruby documentation shows all core symbols (classes and methods) in
one page with two filters. I like that. It's really useful when you know
the name of the method/class you're looking for. It's also useful for
guessing names. Like, is there a method called "sort". Then you find it
you can figure out if it does what you think it will.

--
/Jacob Carlborg