Improved Phobos dox

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Sep 15 13:22:33 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-15 09:14, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I finally gathered strength to rebase
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/271 manually,
> which was every bit as involved as I feared.
>
> I hope I didn't mess up anything, reviews appreciated.
>
> That diff includes a new page navigation scheme. (Wasn't the main
> purpose of the diff but found it a nice perk.) I see it as a
> transitional stage toward the larger transition to one-page-per-entity
> that Sönke has proposed.
>
> Check out the new navigation at
> http://erdani.com/d/phobos/std_array.html. The ugly "Jump to" list as
> the top gets replaced by a slick drop-down. Once you jump to a name, you
> can go back by pressing the up arrow on the right or simply go to top.

Can't we just use something like CandyDoc. This requires JavaScript but
it actually improves the documentation. The version used by Tango looks
like this:

http://dsource.org/projects/tango/docs/current/

It has a tree which list all packages and modules and a different tree
which list the symbols in a module. It also has a filter for the tree.
Simple and useable.

--
/Jacob Carlborg