[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Sep 15 23:53:41 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-15 22:49, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> I actually did the same tab/space thing for awhile. But my editors
> didn't really have a native understanding of it so it became manual
> editing of invisible characters, so now I just avoid that style of
> alignment regardless of tabs or spaces. Ie, instead of:
>
> foobar(aaaaa, bbbbb, ccccc,
>         dddd, eeeee, fffff);
>
> I'll just do:
>
> foobar(
>      aaaaa, bbbbb, ccccc,
>      dddd, eeeee, fffff
> );
>
> Not as pretty, but it works, it makes things simpler, Plus it avoids
> the former style's tendency to wind up with gigantically-sized indents.

I recently watch the Going Native talk by Chandler. He talks about the
one of the biggest problem they have at Google. It's not the language
(C++) itself, but it's formatting whitespace. Short, they have a tool
for that now.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GoingNative/2013/The-Care-and-Feeding-of-C-s-Dragons

--
/Jacob Carlborg