Improved Phobos dox

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Sep 16 03:39:18 PDT 2013

On 9/15/13 9:53 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 06:15:35AM +0200, deadalnix wrote:

>>> Just as a reminder, this is the current version:
>>> http://vibed.org/temp/d-programming-language.org/phobos/std/array.html
>>
>> I'm sold, that is awesome !
>
> Me too.  Why aren't we working towards that, instead of trying to cook
> up yet another hack on top of the current poor state of documentation?

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/271 consists
mainly of a reorganization of the ddoc macros for PDF and ebook
generation purposes, as well as helpers such as plaintext generator and
"debugger". These are good starting points for anyone using ddoc for
generating their own documentations.

I was at it so I thought I'd improve on the bag-of-words-at-the-top
morass, too. It only took a little time. That was apparently
unsuccessful so I'll remove it from the pull request.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/267 is the pull
request using ddox. That's a larger change of build tooling, which I
plan to get to after 271 (with a revert to the bag-of-words) gets in.

Andrei