Improved Phobos dox

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Mon Sep 16 08:55:10 PDT 2013

On Monday, 16 September 2013 at 15:22:50 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 9/16/13 6:40 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> What before was <dd>, now is <div class="d_decl_dd"> (and the
>> margin was
>> a dd style). Why this change? You can apply any properties of
>> one to the
>> other through CSS.
>
> Great, thanks. Now fixed. My intent was to use <div> and <span>
> for styling ddoc elements to the extent possible, in order to
> make styling as flexible as possible.

Although bordering on nitpicking, I'll mention that this is not a
good change. It is recommended to use the appropriate HTML
elements for their semantic meaning. <dl> is a definition list,
which nicely fits documenting a list of entities. HTML5 even
introduced additional HTML tags, such as <nav>. Styling is not a
problem, since you can use CSS to remove the default styles from
practically any layout tag, making it behave like <span> or <div>.

If it's not too much effort, I'd revert this change, however this
is more of a question of principle than practicality.