Improved Phobos dox

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Mon Sep 16 10:12:16 PDT 2013

Am 16.09.2013 12:45, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 9/15/13 11:34 PM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
>> I need some form of authoritative decision on how to go about making (or
>> not making) the transition before I can start to work on the necessary
>> changes to the make file and the rest of the site. There is a suggestion
>> I made in the pull request:
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/267
>
> What other changes need to be made in addition to what's in 267 now?
>
> Andrei

My idea was to make a proper transition from the current docs to the new
ones using a different path. Quoting from the pull:

  - Adjust the make file so that the ddox documentation goes to
"library/" and "library-prerelease/" instead of "phobos/" - leave the
original documentation there
  - Keep the main documentation links pointed to "phobos/", but add a
small secondary link to "library/"
  - (Optional) In the ddox documentation, add a link at the top of each
page to the corresponding old doc page
  - Make the pull in this state
  - Incorporate improvements for a while and eventually exchange the
links, making "library/" the default

Maybe with "api" instead of "library".

The current state is that the new docs have a separate make target that
needs to be invoked explicitly, but it will write to the same "phobos"
folder.