Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Arjan arjan at ask.me
Mon Sep 16 12:10:06 PDT 2013

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:22:29 +0200, Bruno Medeiros
<brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com> wrote:

> But Eclipse bashing by people who use say, VisualStudio, that I don't
> understand. Last time I tried both toolchains, VS seemed as heavy and
> "bloated" as Eclipse (CDT) was. Yet CDT seemed quite ahead in terms of
> features, especially semantics-wise (open definition, code complete,
> etc.). Admittedly this was 3-4 years ago, and I only toyed lightly with
> C/C++ code, I didn't do any serious development. But I doubt the
> situation changed such that VS got much better than CDT, if anything,
> the opposite is more likely.

Well I did/do use Eclipse+CDT heavy with C++ development as well for
python development. Eclipse+CDT has improved A LOT over the last years.
Besides it has very valuable plugins for example linuxtools and for
embedded linux development www.yoctoproject.org.
For vim users there are plenty plugins/options available to use vim as
editor in eclispe.
I also don't really understand the bashing. But IMO VS for development
on-and-for windows is still ahead of eclipse.