Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Mon Sep 16 23:32:35 PDT 2013

Am 17.09.2013 08:24, schrieb Manu:
> Perhaps the only one, and also the single reason I still use Windows
> (despite their best efforts to ruin it more and more with almost every
> release!). There is STILL no realistic alternative for my money, well over
> a decade later...
> I don't get it. VS has been there a long time. It's not even perfect; farm
> from it in fact. But the fact that given over a decade of solid working
> example, nobody has yet managed to create a competitive product just blows
> my mind...

QTCreator seems to get better and better, its fast, got features like
VS+VisualAsssist included, easy to write plugins for, nice buildsystem

only part which is still not in (perfect) good state is the windows
debugger integration

one of my customers is evaluating it for >1Mio LOC Projecs and ~30
developers, try to get rid of VS-IDE, but still using the VS compiler
and debugger as backend and tools like incredibuild + gcc environment