Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 06:03:37 PDT 2013

On 17 September 2013 21:48, Bruno Medeiros <brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 17/09/2013 12:37, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

>>> If that's the definition of official endorsement, then sorry, not likely
>>> to ever happen.  Demanding that the core devs develop with specific
>>> tools is ridiculous in concept.  Would you switch because someone told
>>> you to?  Me either.  I've been using vi(m) for about 20 years now.  My
>>> fingers know what to do without conscious control.. I don't have the
>>> free time nor the desire to retrain myself like that.
>>>

>> I agree, I don't think it's a realistic to expect that. I was just
>> pointing out Manu's idea, not agreeing with it.
>>

> Clarification: I think it's unrealistic to expected the core devs to use
> the IDE for all of their D development, yes. But it would be good to have
> them *try* it, to see how it works, to understand how others users would
> develop in D, what quality issues there could be with it, etc. In this
> regard I agree with Manu's comments.

I'll happily wear that my assertion was heavy handed, mostly due to
long-term frustration, and to some extent, this is just the way I talk
(which never comes across in text to people who don't know me).
Regardless of how I phrased it however, I'm encouraged to see the message
was generally well received and actions have been taken. I'm keen to see
if/how it affects the ecosystem in the future.
I hope it does increase the overall attention/awareness.