Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 08:34:19 PDT 2013

On 17/09/2013 15:48, eles wrote:
> On Monday, 16 September 2013 at 15:52:26 UTC, Bruno Medeiros
> wrote:
>> On 13/09/2013 08:46, eles wrote:
>>> On Saturday, 7 September 2013 at 19:05:03 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> It's not clear to me what any of these measures would help with.
>
> Glad that you answered.
>
> It will help with:
>
> 1) people already contributing to the D chains generally use
> github, so they are familiar with the workflow, the interface,
> the code-review etc. This will increase the probability to
> contribute with a PR, even if for small glitches (or
> documentation) in the beginning (BTW me, for one, I find the
> interface on code.google to be awful at best, when compared to
> github).

This is more of an issue of project hosting than whether it's officially
endorsed/listed or not. I could move the hosting of DDT from Google Code
to Github and potentially reap some of those benefits, regardless of
DLang endorsement or not. (In hindsight I do agree it might have been
better to have it hosted on Github. Google Code seems to have stagnated
a bit while Github is getting more popular and getting better - but
things were different when I switched away from DSource.org)

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer