std.logger

Jose A Garcia Sancio jsancio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 09:46:32 PDT 2013

On Friday, 23 August 2013 at 20:11:38 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 12:41:45PM -0700, Andrei Alexandrescu
> wrote:
> [...]
>> (Just hanging this to a random comment in this thread.) I think
>> there's some pretty good work on logging by myself and another
>> poster (Jose?) that has since gone abandoned. It included some
>> nice
>> approach to conditional logging and had both compile-time and
>> run-time configurability.
> [...]
>
> Where's the code?

The code is here:
https://github.com/jsancio/log.d/blob/master/src/log.d

For what it is worth, there was a lot of thought and effort that
was put into the design, implementation and testing of it. If you
are interested in the design goals of the std.log library then my
recommendation is to learn about glog
(http://google-glog.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/doc/glog.html). If
the community decides that they like those design principles then
I highly recommend you continue where std.log left off.

Thanks,
-Jose