Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 17:45:42 PDT 2013

On 18 September 2013 00:35, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> On 17/09/13 16:19, Manu wrote:
>
>> I had some experience with kdevelop this past weekend trying to find a
>> reasonable working environment on linux. It's fairly nice. Certainly come
>> along
>> since I last tried to take it seriously a year or 2 back.
>> It would be nice if there was D support though. It has rudimentary
>> support that
>> some whipped up, but it could do a lot better.
>>

> Do you have any experience/opinion on Qt Creator as an IDE?  My impression
> is that it's nice in and of itself but limited compared to others in the
> range of languages/tools it supports -- but it's a very superficial
> impression so may be wrong.

The extent of my experience with QtCreator is that it has a button
"Generate VS Project" in the menu, which I clicked on, and then I opened
visual studio.
For the few moments that I used it, I was surprised by now un-like-eclipse
it looked :)
Maybe it's decent? What's it's underlying project/build system?
I have ex-trolltech mates who are now all unemployed... so what's the
future of the tool?