[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Wed Sep 18 01:42:15 PDT 2013

On Friday, 13 September 2013 at 19:48:18 UTC, Namespace wrote:
> Just out of interest.
>
> I use Sublime 2, Notepad++ and as IDE currently Mono-D. But I
> will try this evening VisualD.

I have been using jEdit quite a lot, in fact I've done most of my
D programming in jEdit. jEdit may be the odd on out (i.e. written
in Java), but I have not yet found an editor that has so many
useful features and is so easily customizable, I can also use it
on any platform. It is quite stable and performance (Java) is
usually not an issue. I've tried loads of different editors but
keep coming back to this one. (Textadept looks good, but it's too
much of a hassle to customize it).

Although nice to have, D doesn't really need an IDE. IDEs can
easily degenerate into luxurious prisons.