Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Sep 18 09:25:15 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 16:05:18 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
wrote:
> On 9/18/13, Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>
> wrote:
>>> Problem is, 80% of the code I write is C code still... :(
>>
>> join me
>
> I don't suppose GCC and other compilers have some kind of
> verbose
> output that exports include declarations? Or maybe just modify
> an RDMD
> fork to run the preprocessor over a C/C++ file. What I'm saying
> is, I
> think a tool like RDMD could be used for C/C++ (with some
> trickery).

You can get this information from gcc and use it to define 100%
correct dependencies. However, it highlights another issue common
for build tools not coupled with compiler - to generate
dependency graph reliably you need now to parse all the source
files which contradicts one of core motivations to do it. The way
C preprocessor works does not help the matter either.