Code::Blocks

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:58:06 PDT 2013

On 9/18/13, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> So you say it works with D automatically nowadays? Is this using the
> 12.x release or some nightly build?

Well it doesn't seem to be working for me, it seems to use some kind
of custom but broken build process, look:

-----
dmd.exe  -g -debug    -IC:\dmd-git\dmd2\src\druntime\import
-IC:\dmd-git\dmd2\src\phobos  -c hello.d -ofobj\Debug\hello.obj
DMD v2.064 DEBUG
lib.exe bin\Debug\test.exe  obj\Debug\hello.obj   phobos.lib
Digital Mars Librarian Version 8.02n
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 2000-2007 All Rights Reserved
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/lib.html
Error: bin\Debug\test.exe : No such file or directory
-----

It seems to use a librarian, since lib.exe was by default configured
as the "linker". Changing it to "link.exe" makes no difference, since
this is not how the linker is supposed to be invoked. It should be
called something like this:

link.exe "bin\Debug","bin\Debug\test.exe",nul,user32+kernel32/noi;

But I don't know how to configure CB to do this.

Btw (for anyone using CB), is there a non-incremental build option in
CB? DMD can handle this all automatically, and incremental builds
aren't exactly reliable in D.