Had another 48hr game jam this weekend...

Peter Alexander peter.alexander.au at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 10:39:05 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 16:24:19 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 16:22:27 UTC, Iain Buclaw
> wrote:
>> Takes about 30-40 seconds with gdc. ;-)
>
> Yikes.
>
> Though that reminds me of something, I don't use dmd -O very
> often, which is horribly slow too. I guess in game dev, even
> when debugging/toying around, you'd probably want to optimize
> so maybe that is a problem.

Yes, development builds are generally optimised for game dev.

When debugging in MSVC, you can use

#pragma optimize("", off)
#pragma optimize("", on)

To selectively de-optimise regions of code... or just get used to
debugging optimised builds, which isn't that difficult once you
know what registers to look in ;-)