[OT] Language Cocktail

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Sep 18 11:49:28 PDT 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 18:51:16 +0200
Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2013-09-18 16:42, Chris wrote:
>
> > In fairness, there is some really good stuff being brewed in the
> > U.S. Sierra Nevada for example (http://www.sierranevada.com/), and
> > there are some nice micro-breweries that produce quality stuff that
> > is as good as any of the better German, British, Irish or Belgian
> > beers/ales.
>
> Samuel Adams, Brooklyn, Flying Dog to mention a few more.

Sam Adams is well regarded but I've always found any of their varieties
overly bitter. But then I'm not usually into the bitter ones anyway -
Stella is more my style (or many of the other "German beer purity law"
imports). If I do go for a bitter one though, Sierra Nevada's IPA is
quite impressive.

Anyway, the further you get from Bud Light the better. That sort of
stuff had me convinced for a decade that I just simply didn't like
beer until I finally tried some proper German/Belgian ones.