Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Sep 18 12:46:41 PDT 2013

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 18:56:32 +0200
"deadalnix" <deadalnix at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, 15 September 2013 at 16:41:43 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> > I would say the selling points would mainly be:
> >
> > - system level programming features outside what unsafe blocks
> > allow for in C#
> > - meta-programming abilities
> > - more friendly ways to manage memory manually
> >

> - slices !
>
> > All capabilities related to low level coding.

Yea, pretty much those things, although metaprogramming is much more
than being a "low level tool", it's very much about productivity.

I might also add "no need for mono on non-MS platforms", just because
my understanding is that mono's not as mature/complete and doesn't get
as much attention or end-user installations as .NET. But I could
be wrong though: I've haven't actually used mono except once in a failed
attempt to run a specific VB.NET-based app on Linux a couple years ago.