[OT] Language Cocktail

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Sep 18 13:46:10 PDT 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:45:39 +0200
"Brian Schott" <briancschott at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 19:40:58 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic
> wrote:
> > If there's any insight to come from this thread, it is that
> > most D
> > programmers seem to be suffering from crippling alcoholism. :P

I think you mean s/suffering/enjoying/ :)

But seriously though, I actually drink very rarely, and when I do
it's normally just one drink because I feel "That was nice, but I don't
particularly feel like any more". I just like to try stuff. It bugs me
not knowing what things I hear about are like.

If there's any beverage I overdo (and there is) then it's coffee.
Instacoffee (though I refuse to accept it as real coffee), french press
(hell, drip can be fine too), Boss Coffee (or other canned brands from
Japan), fast food and gas station coffee (it's often surprisingly
decent these days - Marathon and Sheetz in particular), or if I want to
splurge then Panera's hazlenut or any cafe's "Half-Caf Latte with Whole
Milk and Half-Shot of Vanilla" ;)  And Robeks has a great (but
expensive) hazlenut coffee smoothie.

> http://xkcd.com/323/

Heh, strangely enough, I've actually hit that once. It's at the
microscopic point where your inhibition decreases enough that you're
motivated and driven, but not *quite* enough that your ability goes too
far downhill. (Yea, gee, now I *really* don't sound like an alcoholic
at all!)

XKCD is awesome.