[OT] Language Cocktail

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Sep 18 13:59:19 PDT 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:33:14 +0200
Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> With dark rums, it nice to drink them slightly warm. Boil some water,
> pour it in a glass. Pour some dark rum in a Cognac glass[1], put the
> glass with the rum on the glass with water. The glass with the rum
> shouldn't touch the water, but almost. You get a completely different
> flavor. Very nice :)

Ahh, the "makeshit double boiler" method. I do similar for certain
sakes. Ie, the ones that say on the bottle they're best when warmed ;)
Also the ones that are best hot, which would be the lower-quality ones
and any that are getting old (Sake's not like most other boozes - after
the initial aging involved in production, more time beyond that just
degrades the quality. After six months, may as well just drink it hot.
I think people calling "rice wine" in misleading that way. It's not
even a wine at all, it's made from a grain, not a fruit.)

But I didn't know that about dark rum. I may try that sometime.

The ways I've had dark rum were probably mistakes: A "Dark and
Stormy" (dark rum with ginger beer), but problem is I don't like ginger
beer ;). And once I tried using it like a regular rum in a chilled
fruity drink. Yea, I guess I didn't know what I was doing.