Qt Creator and D

growler growlercab at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:25:55 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 17:38:57 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On 18/09/13 19:10, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> For starters, Qt creator can make use of Kate configuration
>> files.
>>
>> So we could at very least have D syntax highlighting available.
>
> It is available -- current Qt Creator has the same d.xml as the
> most recent Kate.  It dates from 2011 and supports both D and
> Ddoc syntax highlighting.
>
> I wasn't able to get auto-indentation working with D source
> files, though.

+1

I use Qt Creator for debugging D when I get a hangover from too
much GDB. It works fine with breakpoints, watch list and the
rest. As long as I compile with -gc though.

What would be nice is a plugin that provides some tools like jump
to definition for variables, find usages etc. I'd be willing to
help out with that, testing, coding, documenting etc.