[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 06:04:44 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 18:20:42 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:

> Dolphin seems to have fixed it's Vista-like goofiness with the
> folder view's horizontal scrolling, and it really is pretty
> good for the most part.

Dolphin is pretty nice, though there are cases where Konqueror
still runs circles around it. For example, if you want a
horizontal split or more than one split.  Also, I don't think
Dolphin has the file size view plugin, which is nice for finding
hidden monsters in your ~.

> The terminal panel is a brilliant idea (never noticed
> before - maybe it's new since about 4.5ish?).

Hehe, this has been around since...at least KDE 3.4 (Before
Dolphin was written). The shortcut is F4. :)

> As of the latest version, Xfce seems to be about the only DE
> that can
> handle my side-mounted taskbar worth a darn.

Really?  I figured Plasma would probably be able to do a decent
job.  :/  I guess they still haven't gotten it into shape.  Have
you tried the 4.11 versions?

> Mint seems to be the best Debian for a desktop

I've been hearing good things about aptosid and Mepis lately, too.