Will Java go native?

Olivier Pisano olivier.pisano at laposte.net
Thu Sep 19 06:55:32 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 23:53:35 UTC, Iain Buclaw
wrote:

> Java itelf is a very basic language to allow this to be
> possible.  But
> the library implementation denies this, and I don't see native
> support
> beyond JNI.

Native Java won't be a problem for D if they keep JNI for talking
to the system. I wish I never had to work with JNI in
multithreaded environment. All the type information goes away and
their global reference system is impossible to use with RAII
correctly.

D's ability of using a C function just by declaring it and
linking with C code is a bless.