[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 07:58:44 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 19 September 2013 at 11:53:50 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> Unfortunately I don't have much (any) time for hardware
> tinkering these days :(

yeah... I never did real hardware - too rich for my blood - but
I've written emulators, compilers, and assemblers for "hardware"
I defined myself. It can be quite a blast, though it takes a
while.... and it does kinda force you to ask: why not just do a
library without all the weird bytesin the middle?

And practically, maybe that's right, but nothing beats the fun of
doing it all yourself. (ditto for running on bare metal - you
could do pretty much everything in userspace, but there's a part
of sticking that floppy disk in and knowing it is all you.)