Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 10:17:06 PDT 2013

On 18/09/2013 20:53, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Unless things have changed since I last tried, Eclipse is very
> Java-centric (or JVM-centric) at a fairly fundamental level. Support
> for other languages (from what I've tried) tends to get crammed into a
> Java-oriented model, which can make things confusing and leave a bad
> impression.

That's true, there is a lot of Java/JDT likeness in other Eclipse IDEs.
I don't see why that would be a problem though, unless there is really
very little customization in the IDE, and things are too much
Java-centric. But some Java/JDT concepts apply well to other
IDEs/languages too, I believe. For example the concept of projects with
source folders, etc., applies well to D.

Do you remember any specific example you thought confusion or bad? And
which language/IDE was it applying to?

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer