Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 12:19:33 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 17 September 2013 at 13:03:46 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 17 September 2013 21:48, Bruno Medeiros
> <brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> I agree, I don't think it's a realistic to expect that. I was
>>> just
>>> pointing out Manu's idea, not agreeing with it.
>>>

>> Clarification: I think it's unrealistic to expected the core
>> devs to use
>> the IDE for all of their D development, yes. But it would be
>> good to have
>> them *try* it, to see how it works, to understand how others
>> users would
>> develop in D, what quality issues there could be with it, etc.
>> In this
>> regard I agree with Manu's comments.
>

> I'll happily wear that my assertion was heavy handed, mostly
> due to
> long-term frustration, and to some extent, this is just the way
> I talk
> (which never comes across in text to people who don't know me).
> Regardless of how I phrased it however, I'm encouraged to see
> the message
> was generally well received and actions have been taken. I'm
> keen to see
> if/how it affects the ecosystem in the future.
> I hope it does increase the overall attention/awareness.

It's certains if the D language organization devs use "official"
IDEs the quality will be improve greatly.

Good reports can only come from real usages, IDEs are critical
for productivity the GUI polish is something important but hard
to achieved.

On my project DQuick, VisualD just can't find members of classes
aren't directly defined in the current module. I also try the
beta of next version for code coverage with unittest without any
success.