Qt Creator and D

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 15:09:38 PDT 2013

Manu wrote:
> I was fairly impressed with kdevelop upon recent impressions
> last weekend.
>
> Does it support incremental linking and edit-and-continue? (or
> is there ANY
> other compiler+IDE out there that does?)
> If it does, I'll look at it very very seriously.

I'm not sure what you mean by "edit-and-continue".

I don't know if it does incremental linking, but I thought that
sort of thing was more of a compiler/build-system feature, and
IDK enough about GCC/Clang or CMake (what KDev is designed
around) to know about it's features there. The only language I
know for a fact has that built-in is Nimrod.

I only work on one C++ project, so I am in no way an expert on
the language or it's tools. I'm also fairly new to KDevelop, so
I'm not the person to question here. By "comparable to VS in many
ways", I was referring to KDevelop's debugging, intellisense,
code refactoring, syntax highlighting, general interface, and
project/session management. All of which I've found to be roughly
on-par with Visual Studios in my experience (granted I've barely
used VS 2012 & 2013 is out soon).