Bartosz Milewski seems to like D more than C++ now :)

Szymon Gatner noemail at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 16:24:46 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 19 September 2013 at 22:46:09 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 9/19/13 3:18 PM, Szymon Gatner wrote:
>> I had similar thoughts when watching GoingNaive 2013:
>> http://bartoszmilewski.com/2013/09/19/edward-chands/
>
> Nice piece.
>
>> I was more and more scared with every talk and now I am
>> valualizing my
>> polymorphic types a'la Sean Parent
>
> That I think is sketchy advice.

Tbh I am still testing the effects of this change and so far I do
see psitive effects on the client code but I also see that what
was obvious to users before (everyone understands that they
should derive from polymorpic base to get polymorphic effect) is
now confusing (how can I customize if I can't derive).

Please do elaborate on your view. Always interesting to read on
design from smarter people :)