Bartosz Milewski seems to like D more than C++ now :)

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Sep 19 20:08:20 PDT 2013

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 16:48:43 -0700
"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 12:18:22AM +0200, Szymon Gatner wrote:
> > I had similar thoughts when watching GoingNaive 2013:
> > http://bartoszmilewski.com/2013/09/19/edward-chands/
> > I was more and more scared with every talk and now I am valualizing
> > my polymorphic types a'la Sean Parent

Heh, I love the article's title. Although:

"[Edward Scissorhands is] a darker version of Pinocchio, shot in
suburban settings."

I saw Edward Scissorhands as being a re-telling of Frankenstein: A
grotesque, but kind, man-made creature is ostracized by the
frightened villagers to ultimately tragic results.

Although it could be argued that Pinocchio is a lighter re-imagining
of Frankenstein anyway.

> It's this endless cycle of a remedy upon a remedy upon a patch to a
> remedy that drove me to look for something better. I found D. :)

So true.