Qt Creator and D

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.ca
Fri Sep 20 04:20:22 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-20 02:10:30 +0000, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> said:

> It requires support from various stages in the pipeline and gui, but it's
> been available for a decade from MS. Surely someone else has bothered to
> copy it? (assuming it was invented by MS?)

Apple had Fix-and-continue when Xcode 1.0 replaced Project Builder ten
years ago. It was abandoned in Xcode 4. I'm not sure how reliable it
was, but I remember having played with it when it was new but not
bothering much later.

I guess the feature not being completely reliable, moving the toolchain
from gcc to clang, and code signatures being required when running iOS
apps all contributed to make the feature go away. Perhaps they'll
revive that feature now that their toolchain is more stable. File
enhancement requests on Apple's bug tracker if you want to put some
pressure on them to resurrect the feature.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.ca
http://michelf.ca