compiled code file size

Temtaime temtaime at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 12:45:48 PDT 2013

The main question is how topicstarter achieved 150 KB, is it on
linux?

I have 137 KB with DMD when compiling

import core.stdc.stdio;
void main() { printf(`hello world`); }

And 673 KB when using writeln from std.stdio.

I'm using DMD 2.063.2 on windows.

You're saying about terabytes hdd and gigabytes ram..
This is not right way when developing the software. Software MUST
running almost ANYWHERE and consumes minimal resources.

For example i hate 3dsmax developers when on my game's map it
uses several GB of ram amd freezes sometimes, when Blender uses
only 500 MB and runs fast. The only reason for me for use 3dsmax
is more friendly contoling. But this is another story...

Some users which doesn't have ""modern"" PC will hate your app
too i think.
One should optimize ALL things which he can to optimize.

Staying on the topic i need say that it's possible to reduce
executable size.
For example, as David says, GCC produces 700 KB for hello world.
There is TCC(Tiny C Compiler). It produces hello executable of 2
KB. It's really nice C compiler, i respect its developers.

C++ also has threads and oter things you said.
For example, DMD's compiler size is about 1.6 MB. It is large and
sophisticated. Nuff said.