[OT] Which IDE / Editor do you use?

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Sep 21 03:44:24 PDT 2013

Am 21.09.2013 12:12, schrieb Nick Sabalausky:
> On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 05:05:41 -0400
> Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
>>
>> You do realize that in the time you've spent taking a friendly OS
>> discussion and single-handedly trying[1] to turn it into yet another
>> ill-informed OS flamewar (congratulations, btw) you could have already
>> learned quite a bit about using a unix command line?
>>
>> [1] Don't deny it. Your intent to bait was obvious a few posts back,
>> but due to your good standing here I've been giving you a chance.
>>

> That came out overly-harsh and not how I intended. ("Yea, no shit,
> Nick") Uhh, yea...
>
> What I mean is just, in this section of the thread, it has been
> sounding as if you're simply flame-baiting or arguing for the sake of
> arguing.
>
> (And then I somehow managed to awkwardly weave that into a completely
> different and not-terribly-important point about "time it takes", bleh,
> whatever...)

Just yesterday I've watched a cool talk from Rich Hickey (clojure
designer) about design and the time it takes to learn stuff.

http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Design-Composition-Performance

Basically, one of his messages is that nothing comes for free and
learning requires effort.

He makes the remark that only in the software industry people seem to
have the "learn in xxx days" mentality and suff for dummies.

--
Paulo