D2 is really that stable as it is claimed to be?

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sat Sep 21 22:46:01 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 21 September 2013 at 22:36:44 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:

> Ok, so it found a latent bug in the source code - I don't think
> that's a good example of dmd being unstable - it was a good
> change.

OK, this was a latent bug in sources. I think this is not the
first and not the last event when dmd starts rejecting buggy
code. However that means that before the change dmd accepted
invalid and this jeopardizes D implementation. And anyway,
irrespectively of whether issue is a true regression or fixing
accepts-invalid bug, for majority of users this doesn't play much
role but means creating problems of code breakage in each release.