D2 is really that stable as it is claimed to be?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 07:50:05 PDT 2013

On 9/22/13, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> Except that most of us don't care about the column number. It's of marginal
> benefit at best, and it harms compilation speed, so it's not worth it IMHO.

You've never ran into lexer errors before have you?

test.d(10): Error: found ',' when expecting ')'

Now good luck finding where you forgot to put a closing brace in a
statement that uses traits or is(typeof( checks, such as this:

static assert(0, format("%s does not implement '%s'",
__traits(identifier, typeof(this))), __FUNCTION__);

It should have been:

static assert(0, format("%s does not implement '%s'",
__traits(identifier, typeof(this)), __FUNCTION__));

That's just a trivial case though.

I run into these all the time, and I have to spend half a minute
scanning left and right trying to figure out where the damn missing
brace went. Marginal benefit my ass.