Download page needs a tidy up

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+dng at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 13:02:00 PDT 2013

On 22/08/2013 04:23, Manu wrote:
> I got the latest GDC from dlang.org/download
> <http://dlang.org/download>, but it doesn't work.
> libiconv-2.dll (and possibly others?) is not included in the package.
>
> If this depends on another package being present, there is no text
> anywhere along the download path to inform the user.

I just had the same problem today. I opened a thread in the GDC
newsgroup to see if this can be rectified (
news://news.digitalmars.com:119/l1q33o$2m6i$1@digitalmars.com ) as even
on the GDC website there is no such info.

But regardless, http://dlang.org/download should be updated as well. I
agree on the point that is quite beneficial to D to have this
information tidied up and better presented for new (and existing) D
users. (even I took a while to figure out that I needed TDM-GCC in
addition to the GDC packages in
https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads - and it's an installation
procedure I've done in the past as well, but had forgotten).

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer