Will Java go native?

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Tue Sep 24 02:17:45 PDT 2013

On Friday, 20 September 2013 at 05:23:15 UTC, Dmitry Leskov wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 September 2013 at 09:44:30 UTC, Chris wrote:
>> Yes, the whole issue of decompilation was also an issue.
>> Funnily enough, a few years ago I wrote an email to Excelsior
>> asking if you guys offer a discount for academia. Our project
>> would have qualified as "non-commercial use". But I never got
>> an answer. So I started looking for alternatives, and here I
>> am now :-)
>
> We respond to all requests that look legit. Sending from a
> university email address certainly helps, not least because our
> in the Junk Mail folder, probably because they talk about
> "free", "download", and such...
>
> --
> Dmitry

I sent the email from my university email address and the spam
filter is clever enough to know that it shouldn't filter answers
from email addresses I have sent an email to, even if the words
"free" etc appear. If in doubt, at least it asks me. Anyway, I
switched to D and don't regret it. Also how do you define
"legit"? If I send an email with a simple question "do you offer
a discount for university projects?" or the like, why am I not
entitled to an answer? Why is it not "legit"? Because I didn't
include an elaborate description of the project? Why should I, if
I don't even know that you offer a discount? Would be a waste of
time, if the answer is a plain "No!". This said, I don't rule it
out that you answered the email and that it got lost on the way.
This happens sometimes.