Bartosz Milewski seems to like D more than C++ now :)

renoX renozyx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 07:24:46 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 24 September 2013 at 14:15:12 UTC, Max Samukha wrote:
[cut]
> I think that -> is neither unnecessary nor noise. After having
> played with Haskell for a while, I actually find the syntax of
> D unnecessarily redundant.

Oh, D is hardly a good example for syntax! Better than C++
doesn't say much..
That said, I don't see how one could prefer 'a -> b -> c' over
'a,b -> c' in this case..

>> This is not the only 'visual noise' in Haskell: for example
>> Idris replaced '::' by ':', a good change IMHO.
>
> That is probably because ':' is the list append operator
> already.

Yes, it's the other way round in Idris, but for once I prefer D's
operator '~': list appending is common enough that it deserves a
proper operator not a doubled one :: like in Idris or other
(Scala?).

renoX