Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Tue Sep 24 11:19:20 PDT 2013

On 24.09.2013 19:16, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 9/22/13 7:05 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>>

>> On 21.09.2013 13:06, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> Preapproved. Looking forward to the appropriate pull request. Rainer?
>>>
>>> Andrei
>>
>> I have created pull requests
>>
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/384 and
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/385
>>
>> the result can be seen here:
>> http://rainers.github.io/visuald/download.html
>>
>> Should we add links to Mono-D and DDT aswell?
>
> I think so.

Ok, will add these. Bruno and Alex, is it ok for you? What are the
appropriate links? Are there any direct download links?

>> Links are still to other sites, how do we get the installer and the
>> Visual D pages uploaded to dlang.org?

> Walter, Brad, or I need to do the upload for now (we're working on
> improving the process). What you'd need to do is just create pull
> requests for the site and the installer. Once pulled, we'll build and
> upload.

Do you mean that I should add the documentation to the dlang.org
repository? It's currently part of the visuald repository, and it could
also be referred to by the makefile in dlang.org, but that might mean
that people building that will also have to clone the visuald repository.

Regarding the installer: Visual D should be built with a precise GC, but
that's currently only possible with a patched compiler and runtime. I'll
have to provide the binaries somehow, but I think git isn't appropriate
to do so.