D2 is really that stable as it is claimed to be?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Sep 24 13:29:21 PDT 2013

On 9/23/2013 11:38 AM, bearophile wrote:
> 2) The other improvement I'd like for D error messages and warnings is to give a
> standard error number. This is a simple improvement, but it makes simpler to
> write explanation pages for the errors. The C# compiler and other compilers have
> them.

I used to do that, but again, it was a completely unwanted feature, and I
abandoned it.

It's simple enough to grep for the error message text, and I myself prefer to do
the grep method.

What makes me grumpy is people only want these things when some other compiler
does it, sort of a bandwagon thing.