Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Tue Sep 24 15:53:37 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 24 September 2013 at 20:32:51 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 September 2013 at 18:19:26 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
> wrote:

>>> I think so.
>>>

>> Ok, will add these. Bruno and Alex, is it ok for you? What are
>> the appropriate links? Are there any direct download links?
>>

> One little problem. MonoDevelop isn't always up to date on
> various repos. Because of this, Alexander builds his own
> version. This precompiled package is hosted at my server. While
> I don't reboot it very often, it is perhaps not the best place
> to store this if it's "part" of D by being placed on the
> homepage. I would recommend hosting the MonoDevelop build as
> well so no user comes complaining if my server is down.

I actually think Mono-D must chose one long term support
MonoDevelop version before being officially endorsed. Currently I
am not aware of a single distro where it will work out of the box
with stock MonoDevelop and forcing people to use that blob or
compile from sources does not really smell good. I know this is
much stress on Alex but simply don't see other way around.