D2 is really that stable as it is claimed to be?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Sep 24 16:17:57 PDT 2013

On 9/24/2013 2:56 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> It seems nobody comments on almost anything DMC-related anyway. Isn't
> this the DMC newsgroup: http://forum.dlang.org/group/c++ ? If it is,
> there's hardly a single post per month..

You overlook that it's a very old compiler - 30 years. In its day it had maybe
100,000 users.

People do still use it today, to compile dmd for Win32 for example, and nobody
has yet

      EVER

commented on that feature, unless I prompted them, when

I have pointed it out many times over the decades, and the response is always:

     SO WHAT

     WHO CARES

etc. So please forgive my grumpiness about if clang implements it, suddenly it's
the greatest, most useful feature ever.