Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 00:41:03 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 24 September 2013 at 20:32:51 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 September 2013 at 18:19:26 UTC, Rainer Schuetze
> wrote:

>>> I think so.
>>>

>> Ok, will add these. Bruno and Alex, is it ok for you? What are
>> the appropriate links? Are there any direct download links?
>>

> One little problem. MonoDevelop isn't always up to date on
> various repos. Because of this, Alexander builds his own
> version. This precompiled package is hosted at my server. While
> I don't reboot it very often, it is perhaps not the best place
> to store this if it's "part" of D by being placed on the
> homepage. I would recommend hosting the MonoDevelop build as
> well so no user comes complaining if my server is down.

IMHO We need also to convince Alexander to develop against some
tagged release of MonoDevelop.

If you see my comments to his last rant, you'll see that Mono-D
is not working even with the latest  'alpha' release of
MonoDevelop, and if I've understood well (really, I'm not sure to
have understood Alexander motivations about this) it is arguing
that he needs the very latest code.

The point is that if a 20 days old release is "too old", I think
we have a problem here...

- Paolo Invernizzi