std.d.lexer: pre-voting review / discussion

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Sep 25 02:36:42 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-25 04:48, Brian Schott wrote:

> Changes since last time:
>
> https://github.com/Hackerpilot/phobos/compare/D-Programming-Language:df38839...master

I had some comments and a couple of minor things like spell errors:

* I see that errorMessage throws an exception. Do we really want that? I
would except it just returns an invalid token.

* Could we get some unit tests for string literals, comments and
identifies out side of the ASCII table

* Personally I would like to see a short description for each unit test,
what it's testing

* Could you remove debug code and other code that is commented out:

- 344
- 1172
- 1226, is that needed?
- 3165-3166
- 3197-3198
- 3392
- 3410
- 3434

Spell errors:

* "forwarad" - 292
* "commemnt" - 2031
* "sentenels" - 299
* "messsage" - 301
* "underliying" - 2454
* "alloctors" - 3230
* "strightforward" - 2276

I guess these line number might be off now. My original comments was
made September 12.

For reference see:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/jsnhlcbulwyjuqcqoepe@forum.dlang.org?page=7#post-l0rsje:24jf9:241:40digitalmars.com

--