Move VisualD to github/d-programming-language ?

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Wed Sep 25 04:54:20 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 25 September 2013 at 11:42:41 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
> The problem as I understand it is that distros pack different
> versions of MD, and MD keeps changing it's API for every
> release. In other words - there is no long-term support. Mono-D
> needs to either support the latest and greatest and prepare a
> MD release each time the API changes, or try to support as many
> API versions as possible. I think the latter is problematic.

Yeah, I know that, Alex has been speaking about it some time ago.
But providing older/newer version of MonoDevelop for specific
distro is not that difficult - only if this version is not going
to change every month or so though.

Given the way they break API it will make sense to stick to
current major branch once it gets relatively stable and just
ignore newer releases. Bleeding edge distros will be dissapointed
but MonoDevelop guys push it far out of the limits of reasonable
bleeding edge.

Or probably someone can come up with some different solution.
What I am convinced about is that _current_ situation is
unacceptable for officially endorces project.