D2 is really that stable as it is claimed to be?

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 05:43:27 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 25 September 2013 at 03:10:20 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:

> And, dmd users are often dmc users.

Are they, still?  I can't speak for everyone, but I know I've
never used it.  I wish I had had it for precisely the feature in
question when I was first learning C, even though it would have
spoiled me on other compilers until...2013, apparently. :/

> Since dmd never had it, and dmc did, wouldn't anyone have
> suggested "hey, I like this dmc feature, why not put it in
> dmd?" But nope.

In the few compilers I've used that had it, I've never begrudged
its existence; it's usually been helpful, and never harmful.  You
could say I like it because it offers proper visualisation of the
data.  I didn't realise it was moving from "rare, nice perk" to
"in-demand standard feature" until this thread.

-Wyatt